Sunday, April 3, 2011

See the Man with the Stage Fright

For as long as I can remember, I've had stage fright. It's one of the main reasons I started making videos.

Thought it would be a good way to get over it. Especially since I'm planning on teaching.

However, I've noticed that I still have issues getting up in front of a group of people. Twice this semester I have had to present in front of the class on my own. Well, technically once. The second one is tomorrow. But I've practiced for tomorrow's monologue (more on that in a minute) a few times, and I was shaking like a leaf every time.

I feel this nervous energy build as I get ready to present. I'm not sure where it comes from. I have no problem speaking up in class, or making a fool of myself in public; but there is something strange about being in front of a large group of people and knowing that all eyes are on me.

Now earlier you may have noticed that I said "monologue." In an effort to try to lessen or control my stage fright, I decided to take an Acting for Non-Majors class this semester. Tomorrow we are presenting our monologues (the class midterm). I am going to perform the Howard Beale "I'm as mad as hell" scene from "Network" (the one that won Peter Finch the Oscar... so no pressure there).

My main reason for writing this is to get these thoughts out of my head so I can get over it and go in to class tomorrow morning with no reservations on my mind.

Think it will work?


William the Bloody Scared as Hell and Probably Going To Take It A Lot More Redd

P.S. VEDA Day 2:

2 comments:

Baino said...

Jeez don't do anything in half measures do you?

Tina said...

Nice "white man's overbite" dance moves ;-) WHERE are your promised 10thDOM humiliation videos???