Saturday, April 16, 2011

Return To The Director's Chair

As most of you know, I've directed a few short films in my time. For example, "Taboo" (which has just recently inspired a short film currently being shot in L.A. More on that some other time) was what I consider my best directorial work thus far.

But that, believe it or not, was way back in 2007. Certainly not the last film I have worked on, but I have been working as camera, writer, editor, etc. on all these other projects. And it's not for a lack of ideas, more a lack of time, resources, and motivation.

A few years ago, I started work on what I thought was going to be a simple short film called "Finding Maria." This project has become my "Man of LaMancha," having been through three different iterations that constantly fall through (usually due to one or more actors dropping out on me mid-production... all in the same role, ironically). The sheer annoyance of trying to put this film together caused me to take a step back and pursue other things.

But now I'm about to jump back in with both feet. Tomorrow I start production on a new short that will hopefully be ready for the Cape Fear Independent Film Festival.

For the first time in a while I'm excited about directing again.

Now, let's just hope all goes well.

What I really need is someone to help me with the scheduling, and phone calls, and all the stuff I'm just no good at handling.



William the Bloody Directing Is In My Blood Redd

P.S. VEDA Day 15:

No comments: