Monday, August 16, 2010

In Which William Talks About Wizard Rock

I think the title sums it up nicely, so let's get right to it.

This summer, I found myself attending and filming two wizard rock concerts. One in Raleigh at the Cameron Village Regional Library and the RoflcopTOUR stop in Chapel Hill.

I have finally started editing and posting these shows on the 5 Regular Guys Youtube channel.

Here is the first video. It is the Blibbering Humdingers playing "Daddy's Tattoo" by the Parselmouths in the style of the B-52s:



The quality on the Raleigh show won't be nearly as good as the Chapel Hill show because I shot it on my Flip Cam. Of course, the cinematography will be much better on the Raleigh show because I arrived in Chapel Hill later than intended and got there right as the show was starting.

Note to self and any potential videographers out there:

Arrive early or you will have a horrible camera position and not get the shots you intended.

It also didn't help that we were in the basement of the library in Chapel Hill and I set up the camera before the audience was asked to stand. This made filming from the back of the room rather difficult, not impossible, but extremely awkward shots keep popping up.

Anyway, I'm complaining. Both shows were a lot of fun and it was good to see some of the people I met at my first Wizard Rock show last year at Camelot Treasures. The wrock community is really awesome and has some great people in it.

The videos from those shows will be popping up on the 5 Regular Guys Youtube channel over the next few weeks.

And now, I must end this blog because I have to get a good night's rest tomorrow so I can run some time trials on the trip from my house to campus first thing in the morning. I am now, officially, a commuter, and must deal with commuter traffic on the way to my 8a.m. class.


William the Bloody Going To Regret It Soon Redd

2 comments:

PinkPixieDF (Heather) said...

haha, commuting to school. I remember doing that, I needed to leave my house 40 minutes before class. 20 minutes to drive, 10 minutes to find parking, and 10 minutes to walk from my car to class. Hope your drive isn't too bad.

William the Redd said...

It's typically not that bad, just have to mind the traffic because it tends to bottleneck right outside of Wilmington (right where I join in). As long as I know when the traffic happens, I can plan around it.

Today, for example, was no problem. Even with the bridge up, I went the "long way" around Wilmington and still got to campus, parked, and walked to Morton about an hour before I needed to be there.