Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Serious Question Born of Complete Slack

So, I've been fairly slack this weekend. Haven't done much of anything (other than blog, obviously).

Mainly been watching movies and Torchwood online.

I did go shopping for groceries earlier. This is where my question comes in to play.

Decided to buy a pack of sugar cookies (all done up for Easter). I've been trying to watch my intake, so I checked the serving size. One serving is two cookies. The pack, however, holds 21 cookies.

My question is, what is that about!?

For anyone with slightly OCD tendencies, this is craziness. Seriously, this drives me a little crazy. Why would you make a serving size of 2, then have an odd number of cookies in the pack? I know I'm one of few who worries about this kind of thing, but what the hell?

The thing is, it's an easy fix. All they would need to do is redesign the pack so it fits an even number of cookies. This pack has three rows which hold seven cookies each. Make the pack big enough to hold eight cookies per row.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Alternatively, make the serving size three cookies per serving.

PROBLEM STILL SOLVED!

Now, I know this is one of those things that really just bothers me and others who get slightly OCD with numbers, but still.

Anyway, that's all I've got for today.


William the Bloody Problem Solving Redd

No comments: