Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Film Talk

So, as many of you know, I'm a filmmaker (when I'm not busy writing blogs of course).

Right now (and for quite a while) I'm working on a short called "Finding Maria". I have now brought on an Assistant Director who has done a complete script breakdown for me (Brea, have I said thank you lately?) and have been in the process of trying to get some shooting days scheduled.

There are a few problems.

First, our title actress has moved to L.A. and I'm not sure when she's going to be coming back. We still have two scenes to shoot with her (one being the climax of the film). Also, I've got another actress who is about to move to Raleigh at the end of the month (and that's coming awfully fast).

This weekend is the Final Cut Film Festival. I have taken part in this festival every year it's been around, but not this year. Instead, I'm going to be trying to shoot as much of "Finding Maria" as possible.

Of course, based on actor availability, that might not be much.

Also, tomorrow I'm shooting a 1 minute short for my friend Stan who is applying to a contest on Youtube. Here's the video with info:




So, that's going to be a fun shoot. Also, he's one of actors in "Finding Maria". Have to ask if he's available this weekend and if he thinks we can get access to a library for the scene.

Anyway, here's hoping things work out and we get some shooting done.

I'll let everyone know how (and if) it goes.

Also, trying to decide if I want to sign up to be a BEDA buddy. I think it's definitely worth it.


William the Bloody Filmmaking Redd

No comments: