Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Lost Night!!

Anyone who knows me, knows I love Lost.

My friend J got me hooked on the show when we were working at Hollywood Video together. He started watching Season 1 on DVD just before Season 2 was set to begin. Then I started during the break between Seasons 2 and 3 (just before 2 came out on DVD) and caught up quick. There was even one night when I was mid-Season and contemplated using my key (I was a Shift Leader at this point) to go get the next disc at 4 in the morning.

I didn't, but it was a very strong thought...

By the time Season 3 started, I was part of J and Brea's (his girlfriend) weekly Lost get-togethers. We would meet up and J and Brea's every week and watch the new episode. Another bonus to meeting there was that they recorded the shows to DVR, so we would start a little after 9, fast forward through commercials, and pause when questions/discussion would arise during the episode.

Lost is one of those shows that brings about intellectual discourse about all those mysteries they leave hanging. I've been right about a few, which is always nice.

Tonight, is a Lost night, and it's one of the things I look forward to each week.

Also, tonight looks like it's going to be a great episode. We get to find out more about Ben (and finally find out what he was doing at the docks before he went back to the island). While Ben is one of the most vile people ever, his back-story is absolutely fascinating!

OK, gonna leave things there for today. Gotta meet one of my other Lost friends for dinner before we head over to J and Brea's.


William the Bloody Lost Redd

No comments: