Monday, April 6, 2009

It's An Honor Just To Be Nominated

Found out today that the short film I submitted, "Five Minutes Til...", has been accepted into the Cape Fear Independent Film Festival.

This short was also available on YouTube for a while, but it was disabled (or the audio was, can't remember which) due to a dispute between YT and Warner Music Group (for more on my feelings about that, check out my earlier post here).

Along with "Five Minutes Til...", two other shorts I worked on have been accepted. Come the first of May, we'll be showing a general audience "Five Minutes Til...", "How I Raised My Film Budget", and "The Chore" (for current versions, you can check them out by following their links). All three shorts have been re-edited and I'll be posting a new version of "Five Minutes Til..." very soon.

Needless to say, I'm very excited about this.

One of the festival organizers, Jenn, sent me a chat message on Facebook today saying:
"Do you need an official acceptance letter, or can I just tell you?"

I let it go, but she caught it soon after, saying:
"Well, I guess I just did tell you."

So, that's how I found out that we got in. It was interesting.

Last year, two of my films were accepted into the festival. This year, we've got three. Wonder what next year will bring...


William the Bloody Accepted Redd

No comments: