Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Love Getting Ideas From Something Minor

It seems like so many of my character and plot ideas build from something minor said either in real life, or in a line of dialogue from a movie or television.

Tonight, for example, on CSI there was a statement made that started giving me ideas about a character. Nothing major, just a little quirk to give a character that little something extra. This particular idea might work for a series I've been putting together for a while.

Some time this month, I might decide to post a little bit about some of these characters if I get them roughed-out enough.

On that front, I need to start writing at least rough copy of these stories I keep creating. I do tend to jot them down somewhere, but I never actually put the random thoughts together into something cohesive. Instead I just let it stew in my mind for too long and it becomes something different, and often better.

But, I need to write.

That's one of the main reasons I decided to become a part of BEDA.

As you may have guessed, I didn't really have anything to write about today, but had to come up with something to keep things going. So, I'm gonna leave things here for now.

Hopefully, more tomorrow.


William the Bloody Redacted Redd

No comments: