Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Finding Maria Update

So, I've mentioned before that I am currently shooting a short film called Finding Maria. Well, I just found out that I've hit another production snag.

Now, I've known for some time that one of my actresses was moving. Turns out, it's the end of this month. I know, in previous posts I've stated that we were trying to shoot earlier in this month, but everything kept falling through. This is primarily my fault I think because I don't jump when I need to all the time. I'm working on that, and BEDA is one of the ways I'm trying to get into a regular rhythm.

Well, things have once again gotten away from me, and now our time is up. DaNae (our actress) just sent me word that she has no time to shoot this week between work and preparing to move next weekend. Now, I'm more than willing to wait until she's available to come back down from Raleigh to shoot this thing, but I know I can't put John (the one main actor who's been with me the whole time) through another period of waiting. He's been more than patient with me and it's time to get this thing shot.

I have an idea of someone as a replacement actress for the part, so I'm going to get in touch with her as soon as I know for sure that DaNae is out. I hate having to recast, but it's probably my only option at the moment. It's bad enough the actress playing our title character moved to L.A. before we could finish shooting her scenes.

I do have an idea of how to fix that, but I'll have to see if my L.A. contacts are available for a little shooting in the next week or so. Hopefully, that will work out how I think it can.

On a more positive note, my friend Ryan called me up earlier about a commercial shoot he'd like some help with tomorrow. Sounds like fun, so I'm off to do that. I'll update how the shoot went tomorrow.


William the Bloody Productive Redd

No comments: