Monday, April 13, 2009

Dolls May Very Well Be Evil

I'm beginning to see Libba Bray's point.

My niece has one of those talking baby dolls. Well, actually she has several, but I want to focus on just one. This one was one of those that was recalled due to a prank with the voice chip. There is a point in the babies speech function when it says, "Islam is the light."

You probably heard about this back when it happened. When it did, my sister didn't see a point in sending it back because my niece loves it, she just keeps the batteries out of it (or keeps it turned off, can't remember which).

This got me thinking though, dolls are a little creepy. And now, with the addition of all that technology to make them even more "real", it's getting worse.

Be afraid people, be very afraid...

On the plus side, this curious thought has led me to an idea for another episode of the series I'm working on writing.

So, it's not all bad.

In other news, we took a little trip to the Aquarium today and saw a lot of fish... and there were otters.

Otters are fun.


William the Bloody Otter-Lovin' Redd

No comments: