Saturday, April 11, 2009

But With Good Reason

Yes, I'm running late in my blogging... again!

But, I have good reason. It all started at 9 this morning.

*HITS SNOOZE*

It all started at 9:30 this morning.

I got up, hopped in the shower, burned a disc of Doctor Who Series 3 and 4 Soundtrack highlights, packed, and hit the road for New Bern.

After a two hour drive, made it safely to New Bern. This began the insanity that is the holidays at home. My sister was there already with her daughter, my niece. So, couldn't even get to the laptop right away because of essentially having to re-introduce myself to Jenny (my niece, she's 1 and 10 months, so she doesn't quite remember me when she first sees me. That look of confusion and slight worry at the age of one is still unmistakable). Then, once I did have a chance to boot-up, my friend Jason called. Haven't hung out with that kid since... well, it's been a while. So he, his youngest brother Taylor, and myself went car "window" shopping (he's soon going to be in the market for a new car, and it was a nice day, so we hit all the car dealerships in town just to browse).

Jason, Taylor, and I hung out most of the afternoon; then I had to head home for dinner. After dinner, came up with full intentions of trying to write, but Safari is always a bit of a pain in the ass when I first boot-up (still, I'm sticking with it). Then, had to show Dad how to properly google himself.

Not kidding. Apparently one of his cousins who he lost touch with years ago called him up out of the blue yesterday to catch up. When my father asked how he had found him, he said "I googled you". Dad had tried this in the past with little success, so I gave him some pointers.

Meanwhile, I get a call from Jason, he and his girlfriend Karen are going to see "Observe and Report" and they invite me along.

Funny f$#king movie! Definitely not for everyone, but if you're a fan of Seth Rogen or Jody Hill (Foot-Fist Way, Eastbound and Down), you certainly will enjoy yourself.

Anyway, then came home and had to help my sister create a letter from the Easter Bunny to my niece. Then, had to check my mom's virus scan (which she says is not running the scheduled scan, but it's still set to run every week).

And now, I'm finally writing today's blog.

*PHEW*

So, how's your day been?


William the Bloody Tired Redd

No comments: