Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Short In the Can

The commercial shoot went off without a hitch. We'll be editing at some point in the next week or two. I'll let everyone know when the finished product is up. In the meantime, for those interested to know more, there's a website to explain what the commercial is for. Check it out:

http://www.homosoypian.com/

After that, I gathered a few DVDs I'd decided to sell and traded them in at MovieStop. I really like MovieStop. It's the only place I feel completely comfortable buying a used DVD. This is mainly because I know the staff and I know for sure that they clean and check all traded movies to be sure they are playable. Also, I have issues with having to have most of the inserts and original packaging for a DVD, and I know used movies at Blockbuster and Hollywood don't have that. I know it's irrational, but I can't help it.

So, after spending most of the rest of my day hanging out at MovieStop most of the day, went with LeAnne to get her nose re-pierced (she had to take it out, then lost the backing so it the hole healed), then a little while later we went and grabbed dinner.

Over dinner, we discussed the summer plans for many of the next-in-the-series movies coming out this summer. We're already planning marathons for Terminator and Star Trek. I'm trying to think exactly how many of the six TOS Star Trek movies we NEED to watch for someone who hasn't really seen them in quite a while. I'm thinking, honestly, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Wrath of Khan, and The Search for Spock is as far as necessary (though I'd like to watch The Voyage Home just because that was the first ST movie I actually saw in theaters).

As far as the summer movies go, I'm looking forward to quite a few this year. One that I wasn't sure about was Land of the Lost. Now that I've seen the trailer though, I am definitely interested. Will Ferrell and Danny McBride engaging with Sleestacks? Sign me up! Another summer movie I'm still unsure about is G.I. Joe. Stephen Sommers is a good director, but is he what we want for G.I. Joe? He did a good job with the first Mummy, a decent job on the Mummy Returns, and fair with Van Helsing (though most people did not like that movie at all, I thought it held true to certain ideas from the Universal horror team-ups of the past). I did like what I saw in the trailer, and I like his casting choices for the most part, but I'm still up in the air.

At least, if it does fail, Hasbro has given us Warren Ellis' G.I. Joe: Resolute web series. That was absolutely brilliant. In fact, once I'm done writing this, I'm going to go watch it again. Anyone who grew up loving G.I. Joe and would love to see a serious interpretation of the series, go to the Adult Swim website and check it out.

Now, I think I've plugged enough film and television for anybody, so I'm going to call it a night.


William the Bloody Product Placement Redd

No comments: