Monday, March 30, 2009

BEDA or Just When I Needed a Swift Kick in the A$$

After my last post, it may be obvious that I have been a little slack in my writing responsibilities.  I have been resolving this slowly since I last wrote, but I'm thrilled to announce this:

BEDA!  Or, Blog Every Day April.

Created by the lovely and talented Maureen Johnson, originally as a means of breaking her own blog stagnation.  She has opened the idea up to the public and has even set up a ning:

So, what is Blog Every Day April, you ask?

Blog Every Day April, or BEDA as it is being called (VEDA if you plan to vlog instead of blog) is just what it says it is; you are to blog, everyday, in April.  Not that hard... at least I hope not.

People are joining this project en masse, and I'm throwing my hat into the ring as well.  First, the manifesto:

I commit to this idea and am determined to create something EVERY DAY in April, including weekends. Every day, I will find something to say. I embrace the reality that there is always something to talk about, if you are willing to take the time to look for it. 

I William Redd promise to blog every day in April.

Blogs will be posted right here to my "Nonsensical World" blog, but I will also be posting the same blogs on the ning here.

Be sure to come back April 1st for the first post.  This is going to be an interesting change from my usual writing habits.


William the Bloody BEDA-tested Redd


No comments: