Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Trip to L.A. - The Arrival

So,  I'm in Los Angeles for the first time ever.  Here to shoot a music video with some friends from back home who have moved out for the long haul.

It's like a whole other world.  Of course, there's the insane traffic.  I have no idea how to get around this town (I couldn't drive in this mess anyway).

Surprisingly, I've already had my first celebrity siting.  Saw Maya Rudolph talking to Molly Shannon (didn't see Molly, she had her back to me, but saw Maya).  One of the guys with us said Molly was the other woman after we'd passed.

OK, just ran out to Samuel French's (local bookstore, all film and theatre) and saw Nora Dunn.  It's like the invasion of the SNL alumni!  Wanted to say something to Nora, but couldn't think of anything that wouldn't sound too fanboy/creepy.  Oh well.

Anyway, it's a strange place.  Still getting my bearings.  Don't know if I could live here.  Work yes, live no.


William the Bloody Culture Shocked Redd

No comments: