Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for the Holidaze

Now, I come home as often as possible because I do live fairly close (about 2 hours away), but there is something remarkably different about coming home for the holiday season.

Thanksgiving seems the same, there's just a big dinner involved (well, big-GER.  My Dad uses my frequent visits home as an excuse to cook steak).

Christmas and the New Year are different though.

First, I get to see friends that I communicate with online or by phone, but don't hang out IRL with as often as we probably should.

Next, buying presents for family and friends.  I'm constantly at a loss for what to get for some people.  I always wonder if that should tell me something about myself.

Then, there is the receiving of presents from family and friends.  My favorite instance of this was when Jason, Jonathan, and I all got each other the exact same gift (the Garden State soundtrack).

I always feel much happier around the holidays, but I also feel kind of lame for not feeling that way year round.  If every day was like Christmas, I think we'd all be much more content.


Merry Christmas (or enter appropriate holiday greeting in it's place, such as: Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, Festivus, Gurnenthar's Ascendance, etc.)


William the Bloody Redd

1 comment:

C. Hill said...

I saw a marquis in Tennessee, just south of western Kentucky, wishing passers by a "merry Xukkah."

For the win!