Friday, August 1, 2008

William don't text

Reposting and expanding this from myspace:
(why? because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!)

For there are two certainties in life, this I know:
Charlie don't surf, and William don't text.


I don't understand text messaging.

I'm sorry to those of you that love it and can't live without it, but to me it seems like a waste.  Do we really need this half-assed form of textual communication?

I have at least five e-mail accounts (on actual count, 8 or more), three myspaces, a facebook, a blog, a website that seriously needs to be revamped, twitter, a ning account (for nerdfighters and youtube), two youtube accounts, and whatever instant messenger I happen to be fascinated with this week. I don't need yet another way to text people. Especially text from a phone.  Anyone who knows me has seen my rant in support of David Lynch's rant about movies on the iPhone.  If I don't want to watch movies on a phone, why the hell would I want to type on one?




It's time everyone knew this, because I think I might be missing out on some communications from folks. I have text messages blocked from my cell phone because I don't use them. So please, if you want to get in touch with me with your cell phone, CALL ME.

Or, if you must use text, sign up for twitter and "follow" me (their term, not mine). You can update twitter from your cell phone, so it's just like texting. Or, perhaps there's an IM program that you can access through text. If so, let me know and I'll sign up for it so you can keep in touch with me.

So, if you've tried to text me recently... or ever for that matter, I'm not ignoring you. They're actually blocked from coming in. Did that when I got the phone (which I'd really prefer not having in the first place). I have a hundred other forms of textual communication and I only like to type on a full keyboard, so no texting for me.


Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.


I know, it sounds crazy, but it's just one of my little quirks. By God, I'm eccentric and you love me for it.


William the Bloody Quirky Redd

No comments: